We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join the Structures team in a leading multidisciplinary consultancy and work from their Orpington office. It is envisaged that the successful individual will have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Civil or Structural Engineering role and be a Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
Structural Engineer Position Overview
- Report to and take direction from Partner/Associate in Civil and Structural Engineering Group
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that they are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Partner
- Act as lead or sole designer as appropriate to the size of the particular project
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, as required in connection with the running of projects
- Undertake detailed design as appropriate on individual projects
- Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the team
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports on findings with appropriate recommendations
- When required by the Partner, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
- Further duties to be discussed as required
Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- A Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Member of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
- Minimum of 5 years design experience on building structures projects in the UK
- Experience of leading a team including junior engineers and technicians
- Experience of refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work
- Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction
- Able to produce written reports in good English
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc.)
- Hold current UK driving licence
Structural Engineer Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Holiday - From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
- Working Hours: 9am - 5pm
- Further details to be discussed as required
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.