Civils Estimator- Required to join a Groundworks & Civil Engineering company based in Manchester. My client is seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Estimator to join the team, on a full time basis. The Civil Engineering Estimator will be offered an excellent opportunity in an established company working closely within the EHV power industry.
My client offers a range of services to key clients within the industry and offer an excellent service to clients which enable them to win repeat business. The Civil Engineering Estimator will be based in the company's offices in Manchester and will be involved in assessing all ITT documentation, preparing cost estimates for Groundworks, Earthworks, Drainage and RC foundations, you will also be covering roads, ducting, temp works and other areas also.
The successful Estimator will have a minimum of 5 years' experience and must possess a number of personal skills such as enthusiasm and self-motivation. This role will be challenging at times so it is important the Estimator will be able to work individuals or as part as a team. The successful individual should have a background in Civil Engineering and Groundworks and be looking to establish themselves as part of a successful company.
Civils Estimator Position Overview
- Reviewing and assessing all ITT documentation
- Review and assess all tender information received
- Attend any site visits / pre-tender and post-tender meetings
- Liaise with operations teams
- Compile detailed job costs from first principles
- Compile final pricing in required format
- Preparing cost estimates for Groundworks, Drainage, RC foundations
- Obtaining quotations for materials and subcontract elements
- Preparing programmes, plans and all submission documents
Civils Estimator Position Requirements
- At least 5 years previous estimating experience
- Experience within the Civil Engineering, Groundworks or EHV Power industry
- Living in or close to Manchester
- Highly motivated and willing to learn
- Strong knowledge of the industry
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Be able to review and understand engineering specifications, work scopes and drawings
Civils Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary - £40K - £65K
- 20 Days + BH (5 days extra after 5 years)
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.