Estimator - required to join our client in their Glasgow office. The company the Estimator will be working for are a worldwide contractor operating with the Infrastructure Sector working projects from £3m up to in excess of £150 million. The project the Estimator will be working on will project including large public works, dams, bridges, highways, Wind Farms, water or wastewater and utilities.
The Ideal Estimator will have Civil Engineering qualification however if not a strong background in Heavy Civils working as an Estimator without a qualification would be considered. Heavy Civils experience in essential, the ideal Estimator will have experience within Infrastructure including large public works, dams, bridges, highways, railways, water or wastewater and utility distribution.
Estimator - Heavy Civils Position Overview
- Examining tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Measuring and "Quantity Take-Off" from drawings
- Producing bills of quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements and enquiries.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on scope of works, plans, specification programme
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Investigate cost effective or alternative solutions
- Comply with company procedures as required.
Estimator - Heavy Civils Position Requirements
- HNC or Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying (unless experienced Estimator)
- 4 years+ Estimating within Heavy Civils
- Experience within Infrastructure including large public works, dams, bridges, highways, railways, water or wastewater and utility distribution.
- Experience with dealing with the whole Tenure process
- Mixed knowledge of different forms of contracts
- Driving Licence
Estimator - Heavy Civils Position Remuneration
- Salary Dependant On Experience
- 30 Days holiday including public holidays
- Government Pension
- Other Benefits to be discussed
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.