Structural Engineer / CAD Designer required to join a leading design and manufacturer of structural steel applications to work in their near Dudley, West Midlands. The Structural Engineer will be working on a wide range of projects involving the design of steel beams, columns and platforms and stairs. An ideal background is someone working within a structural steel/metalwork fabricator or contractor.
Experience is key and the successful candidate must have a background in structural steelwork and/or metalwork. . Previous use of TEKLA / CAD ideal, however use of other 3D Software packages in the design of structural steel/steel frames is acceptable and transferable.
Structural Engineer / CAD Designer Position Overview
- Proficient design of structural steel applications and framework.
- This will involve the design of beams, columns and their respective connections.
- Analysis and design
- Attending to meetings with clients and attending site visits where necessary.
- Attending internal design meetings.
- Ensuring high quality and conducting technical reports and surveys.
- Communicating with other staff on a regular basis, ensuring that each project is run as smoothly as possible. This may also require speaking with clients.
Structural Engineer / CAD Designer Position Requirements
- The successful candidate must have a background in structural steelwork and/or metalwork
- Previous experience Use of TEKLA or CAD
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in structural steel design is essential. Must be able to demonstrate skills in structural steel/framework design.
- Practical knowledge of standard construction practises and site procedures would be advantageous.
Structural Engineer / CAD Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.