Job Profile for Product Development Manager - NE154176
Product Development Manager Position Overview
My client based in Waterlooville have been established since 1994 by a team of audio specialists with years of experience in design and manufacturing innovative products. The company were established and have since remained successful due to their quality, service and innovation and this is something that is key to them.
The Product Development Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely execution and communication for all products and their launches. The role includes development of products by identifying market trends, generating product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, time-integrated plans for product introduction and developing marketing strategies. This role also encompasses heading up the R&D department to ensure products are designed accurately and efficiently to meet the market needs.
The role would require you to:-
- Manage the company's product range and roadmap, dealing with issues and potential improvements.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of products, competitors and consumer requirements.
- Fielding customer's feedback and ensuring existing products are improved or new products are developed accordingly.
- Following the new product development cycle, leading cross-functional teams, ensuring that products are produced within set timescales, budgets and specifications.
- Monitor competitor intelligence to support the management & development of the companies portfolio.
- To assist with defining and setting the portfolio strategy in line with the overall business plan & strategy.
- Analysing competitors, trends and markets.
- Own and drive products from definition phase, through engineering (internal or outsourced) to full market release.
- Responsible for the creation of product installation and user guides.
- Contribution to the company website.
- Attend relevant exhibitions to promote the products.
- Deliver product training within the global product distribution network.
- Provide a timely response and resolution to requests for technical support by telephone, email, or video conference
Product Development Manager Position Requirements
- Audio industry experience.
- Have an analytical approach to solving problems that may arise.
- Experience of product development and NPI.
- Experience with writing and implementing product documentation.
- Exceptional people management skills with proven experience in the effective management & development of virtual teams.
- Demonstrable experience to operate at a senior management level with both internal & external customers.
- Creative flair with a dynamic and adaptable approach to business.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Articulate and well organised with clear communication skills.
- IT Networking skills TCP/IP, LAN, Dante.
- Flexible 'can do' attitude working within a medium-sized company environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in engineering, or business is preferred but is not essential.
- Current full driving license
Product Development Manager Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary
- 25 days per year paid leave + bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free car parking on site
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.