Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) required for one of our trusted clients in Dorset. You will be working for a well-established Building Services Consultancy in the idyllic South-Coast on some of the regions' most iconic projects.
The Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) will be working for an MEP Consultancy in Dorset who focus on a wide variety of Residential, Retail, Commercial, Education & Leisure projects.
Company focus will be aimed at the development of the successful Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) with the possibility of progression only ending at Director/Partner level.
Ideally, the successful Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) will be an accredited energy assessor and able to lodge Energy Performance Certificates and assist in the overall preparation and submission of detailed design of building services solutions.
The successful Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) should be competent in the use of IES & SAP and able to advise and report on low carbon design, thermal comfort and daylight performance.
Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) - Dorset - Position Overview
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings
- Competent in Part L compliance calculations SBEM/DSM/SAP - BRUKL/EPC
- Report writing
- Liaise with suppliers to gain expert knowledge and costs
- Visual comfort- Daylight analysis and climate based daylight analysis
- Adopt flexible attitude to project & design
- Heating/Cooling loads & Plant sizing
- Thermal /overheating analysis against BB101/CIBSE/Adaptive comfort criteria
- Energy statements for planning
- Feasibility studies for low or zero carbon technology.
Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) - Dorset - Position Requirements
- HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering preferred
- Energy Assessor/BREEAM Accreditation (or working towards)
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Previous experience within a Building Services Consultancy environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge and understanding of IES & SAP Thermal Modelling software
- Strong Communication & Business Development skills
Sustainability Engineer (Thermal Modeller) - Dorset - Position Remuneration
- Basic Salary of £29-32k
- 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37 hours per week with flexible working hours
- Life Assurance, Private Medical / Healthcare & Health Fund
- Monthly & Quarterly Social events
- Pension with employer matching up to 5%
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.