We are currently recruiting for a Building Services Engineer / Low Carbon Consultant to join a multi-disciplinary Design & Property Consultancy based in Ipswich. Operating in both the public and private sectors, our client have a proven, award-winning, track record in the local & regional markets. The successful candidate will be an active member of the Building Services team and take responsibility for delivering building services designs and ensuring both compliance and quality of installations.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will hold a Degree in an Engineering related subject and have a previous experience in mechanical building services. An up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and standards for mechanical installations will be important, and an understanding of BREEAM will be extremely beneficial. Experience and knowledge of industry recognised thermal modelling, energy assessment and certification software combined with a good level of proficiency with Microsoft Office will be important for successful delivery of the role.
Building Services Engineer / Low Carbon Consultant - Position Overview
- Producing reports, drawings, calculations and specifications of compliant mechanical building services design including heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, & water services.
- Undertaking tender analysis and producing tender packages, monitoring and managing cost, quality and timescales.
- Undertaking appropriate site surveys, inspections and monitoring.
- Undertaking RIBA stage 0/1 conversations with Architectural team to advise on Sustainable design principles on project by project basis.
- Checking design information, calculations, drawings, and specifications prepared by others to ensure compliant and consistent sustainable design is maintained across the business.
- Building Regulations part L2 analysis of new and existing buildings from conception through to completion and EPC lodgement (SBEM/SAP/BRUKL/DECS)
- Thermal modelling, daylight modelling, natural ventilation simulations, overheating analysis, façade analysis (TM52 etc.) and Low and Zero carbon (LZC) analysis
- Providing guidance on natural ventilation strategies, technologies (biomass, PV, heat pumps, etc.) and associated legislation (renewable energy tariffs, e.g. FiT, RHI)
Building Services Engineer / Low Carbon Consultant - Position Requirements
- HND / Degree in an Engineering related subject
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and standards for mechanical installations
- Good level of technical skill in Mechanical Building Services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- An understanding of BREEAM assessments
- Open to working towards Higher Education / Chartership
Building Services Engineer / Low Carbon Consultant - Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Extensive package to be discussed at interview stage
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.