We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a well established Construction company based in Central London. Our client carry out a range of refurb and new build works in a variety of sectors, including mixed use and residential, as well as interior fit out work. Project values vary from £50,000 to £3m. The initial project that the successful AQS would be working on is a major alteration & refurbishment of an existing building into a Mixed-use space.
Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor on the project, day-to-day duties are likely to include, but not be limited to, Sub-contractors tendering, Sub -contractors payments, Cost plans, Valuations, Variations and Cost reporting. Other, more specific, duties will be discussed at interview stage.
The successful AQS will be site based in South West London and will travel to the offices in Central London once a week. It is envisaged that the successful AQS will have either achieved or be working towards a relevant Quantity Surveying qualification and previous industry experience will be hugely beneficial as well. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will be essential to successful delivery of the role, as will a high degree of computer literacy.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Duties likely to include:
- Sub-contractors tendering
- Sub -contractors payments
- Cost plans
- Cost reporting
- General main contracting QS duties including, procurement, CVR's, subcontract payment, valuations, variations, final account.
- More specific duties to be discussed as required
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Have achieved, or be working towards, a QS related qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role hugely beneficial.
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: DOE
- Package to be discussed on a case-by-case basis
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy