We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a specialist subcontractor based near Grays. This opportunity requires a Graduate or Assistant level QS who has recently secured a minimum grade of 2:1 in a Quantity Surveying related Degree and ideally has some Construction related experience. The successful QS will be exposed to all areas of Quantity Surveying, including pricing change, raising change notices and document control as well as working closely with the project management team.
Based from our client's Head Office, the AQS will be reporting to the Senior QS and working on some large Crossrail projects. Although you will initially be working as an Assistant, there is opportunity to develop as more experience and industry knowledge is gained. Our client will also provide all necessary support for the successful individual to become Chartered (MRICS).
Assistant/Graduate Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Tracking quantities of materials, plant and labour of individual projects
- Prepare valuations
- Assist the Quantity Surveyor and carry out Quantity Surveying duties.
- Record delay, loss and expense claims
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is collected and boxed.
- Learn and establish an understanding of working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Liaise with other team members.
- Working on a number of Crossrail projects.
Assistant/Graduate Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying, minimum grade of 2:1.
- Construction industry work experience highly advantageous.
- Living in or close to Grays, Essex.
- Willing to travel to site as required.
- Computer literate.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn.
- Capable of working independently.
Assistant/Graduate Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: £22K - £28K, maybe negotiable.
- Support in working towards RICS Chartership.
- 21 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Working Hours: 08:30 - 17:00.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy