Production Manager required for a precision engineering company based in Bristol.
Production Manager - Precision Engineering Position Overview
- Quoting, Quality, Contract Review, booking in, Production Instructions, WIP, OTDIF, Purchasing, Stock control.
- Management of AS9100D to ensure compliance and development for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the Company's growth whilst safeguarding and enforcing our Values and Culture
- Management of Quality customer finished goods supply to the agreed cost, specification and delivery. Dealing with customer queries, complaints, audits, FAIR's and NCR's.
- Line management of the Suppliers and purchasing to ensure the company has the resources its needs for production to the correct cost, quality and delivery.
- Line management & coaching of the Estimator and Production staff to continuously improve the PM processes across the business and ensure a total team approach is taken for the delivery of projects to meet customer specification, lead-time and profit targets. Ensure team members understand their role requirements, have sufficient training to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop a scalable manufacturing management system to ensure capacity meets demand. Ensure cross training and department cover.
- Set KPI's and visually display current and target performance to drive continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Ensure each department is resourced correctly within agreed financial parameters.
- Develop a 5S standard through visuals, policies and regular auditing to ensure an efficient, tidy, safe and healthy working environment across the company.
- Drive a culture of cost control and efficiency across all operational activities,
- Sourcing of new subcontract/partner manufacturers to improve costs, delivery, quality and new services.
- Manage purchasing policies and supplier development to reduce costs with improved delivery and quality performance.
- Introduce new production methods and suppliers where improvements in quality, cost or specification are identified. Manage confirmation and approval of specification/design changes.
Ensure monitoring and recording of all Research and Development works
Production Manager - Precision Engineering Position Requirements
- Production Manager / Precision Engineering experience
Production Manager - Precision Engineering Position Remuneration
- Salary £28,000-£32,000
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.