Senior Automation Engineer / Control Systems Engineer / Mechatronics Engineer required to join an established manufacturer of material handling equipment based in High Peak area. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong background in Control Systems, Electronics or PLC programming. Almost all products are built to a bespoke specification; all projects are in house and ran from conceptual phase through to delivery and aftercare.
The key responsibility of this role will be to lead a team of PLC programing and commissioning engineers as a senior member of the team. Responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to specification, around 70% of the role will be based in house developing PLC programs and design. The remainder will be travelling with an installation and commissioning team to oversee projects being delivered and making any modifications that may be required on site. Other duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Programming and de-bugging Robotics and Machine Vision software/hardware.
- Development of electrical equipment such as control panels, robotic and automated systems.
- Actively working and communicating with prospective and present clients, to design controls and automated machinery to their exact specifications and requirements.
- Conduct R&D where necessary, we provide after-market repairs and updates for our clients.
Senior Automation Engineer Position Requirements
- Previous experience with PLC programming, control systems design or robotic engineering is essential. Experience working with automated machinery an advantage.
- Use of Allen Bradleys/Rockwell or Siemens software preferred. Mitsubishi or other similar software is suitable.
- Previous experience in full system commissioning of completed works would be an advantage.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in an electronics/robotics related field of study would be an advantage.
- Experience of designing installation of electronic panels is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent people management and organisational skills.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel both domestically and abroad. While most work is based in house, this position does require the successful candidate to travel with install and commissioning teams to complete and deliver projects.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Based within a commutable distance of the High Peak area.
Senior Automation Engineer Position Remuneration
- Starting Salary: (Dependent on Experience)
- 28 Days Holiday Inc. Bank Holidays + 1 day per year to a maximum of 5
- Paid travel and pool vehicle
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.