Multi-Skilled Installation Engineer required for a well-established manufacturer and service provider of production line machinery and industrial systems. My client provide total manufacturing, installation and commissioning services on completed systems to a wide variety of industries across both the UK and the world.
It is anticipated the successful Multi-Skilled Installation Engineer will have a proven background within installation, assembly or field servicing of production line machinery, material handling equipment or other electro-mechanical systems. Due to the nature of this role and customers, the successful candidate must be willing to commute travel on a regular basis across the UK and abroad. Further information on how much travel will be listed below.
Multi-Skilled Engineer Position Overview
- Attending both the premises and customer sites throughout the UK and overseas to assist with the installation, commissioning and servicing of electro-mechanically operated Production Machinery and industrial systems.
- Assisting with the assembly, wiring and preparation of machinery at the company's facility near Stockport.
- UK and International travel is carried out on a rotatory basis and typically are required for no more than 5 days at a time. Normally 2 - 3 days at a time. Instead of long stays, works are usually in shorter stints - meaning a better work/life balance.
- Programming and modifications of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) for bespoke requirements using Allen Bradleys and Siemens software. - Having this skill is an advantage but is not essential.
- Fault finding, repair and maintenance on completed machinery where required.
Multi-Skilled Engineer Position Requirements
- A proven background in installation, commissioning, assembly or servicing of electro mechanical machinery, heavy industry equipment or other industrial systems.
- HNC or above in an engineering related field of study (i.e mechanical/electrical engineering, service engineering, apprenticeship served etc.)
- While the machinery is heavily mechanical, a strong understanding of electrical / electronic components is required due to related systems, controllers etc.
- Knowledge of PLCs, specifically programming PLCs is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Based in a commutable distance of Stockport.
- A willingness and ability to travel UK wide and internationally on a regular basis is essential as per the nature of the role. Again, the travel tends to be in shorter stints as opposed to longer, drawn out projects.
- A Full UK Driving License is essential for this position.
Multi-Skilled Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary dependant on experience
- 29 Days Holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, +1 day per year of service to max of 5 additional days
- Pension, additional pay for days spent on site, bonuses for weekends and bank holiday works / option to take as days in lieu to be used as annual leave. Pence per mile fuel coverage for UK travel, expenses paid, hire vehicles for foreign travel. Pool vehicles available at choice to engineer - use of vehicle or take fuel coverage for own vehicle.
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.