Our client a leading consultancy who provide services within ecology and landscapes UK wide now require an Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist, this role will be based in Adderbury, Oxfordshire. The company require an Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist to join the team due to success within the business. The most successful Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist will be working with a leading team of specialists and working on an exciting range of both challenging and interesting projects.
The most suitable Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist will either recently graduated or completed a degree in a relevant field. Our client require and enthusiastic and passionate individual with interest in natural history and a familiarity with UK flora and fauna. It is important with this role that candidates have a broad understanding of UK wildlife legislation and it would be highly desirable for experience of UK botanical and faunal identification and survey work but this is not essential.
It is envisaged that the Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist will be undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (bats, badgers, reptiles, otter, water vole, nesting birds) you will carry out background research and complete technical reports. The most suitable individual will be offered a highly rewarding career in ecology with a pathway for progression, competitive package and expert training throughout.
Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist Position Overview
- Carrying out a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal spaces
- Carry out background research
- Manage and analyse field survey data
- Carry out interpretation and carry out technical reports
- Work within the ecology team
Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist Position Requirements
- Relevant degree with a strong academic ability and record.
- Interest in natural history and knowledge of UK Flora and Fauna.
- Experience with UK botanical or Faunal identification and survey work
- Understanding of UK wildlife legislation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Full driving licence
Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist Position Remuneration
- Salary: dependant on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual pay reviews
- 23 days holiday + BH
- Ongoing training
- Working hours 9:00 -17:30 pm (1hr lunch)
- Social events include Christmas and summer party
- Other benefits to be discussed upon successful interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.