Our client is recruiting for an experience layout / Urban Designer to join their award winning and leading consultancy based in Berkshire. This opportunity requires a Layout / Urban Designer to work within a newly established design team with the responsibility to prepare site layout design, sketches and feasibility studies as part of a varied urban design workload.
The Urban Designer / Layout Designer will be working with the company's client base which is mainly house builders and land promotors so previous experience of working in a similar area or within a housing team with a developer would be advantageous. The most suitable Layout / Urban Designer will have software knowledge of CAD as well as Vector works, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop however training will be provided in this area.
This role is a varied role for someone seeking the next step within their career, experience in housing standards or house type design with knowledge of street elevation drawings would be highly suitable for this role. Our client requires an individual who has a wider understanding and aptitude of master planning and dealing with clients from brief through to completion. Our client offer a competitive package based on experience and suitability to the role, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work for a leading name within the industry and training to support you with your career progression.
Layout / Urban Designer Position Overview
- Responsible for preparing site layout design sketches
- Feasibility studies
- Working through an Urban design workload
- Preparing house types and street elevation drawings
- Dealing with clients from brief through to completion
- Master planning.
Layout / Urban Designer Position Requirements
- CAD, Vectorwroks, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop experience
- Proven experience as a Layout / Urban Designer
- Experience of working with house builders and land promoters
- Excellent communication skills
Layout / Urban Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary depending upon experience
- 25 days' holiday + BH (3 discretionary days)
- Life insurance
- 7% Pension
- CPD ongoing training and support
- Discounts on major retail brands
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.