We are currently recruiting for a leading Construction Main Contractor currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their offices based in North Wales. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be working on large student accommodation development; the successful candidate will be required to travel to site a maximum of two days per week which will include one overnight stay (expenses covered). The site base will be Chester and Coventry therefore it is extremely important any applicant is flexible with the prospect of travel and happy to stay overnight on site if needed.
For this role, it is essential the successful Quantity Surveyor has experience of Quantity Surveying, ideally for a main contractor however this is not essential as long as the appropriate individual has a passion and drive to succeed. It is also advantageous for this role for the appropriate candidate to have a construction related qualification however this is not essential.
Quantity Surveyor (Bangor) Position Overview
- Based from North Wales working on large student accommodation projects within the region.
- Measure material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings
- Liaise with subcontractors for quotations
- Compare prices from different elements of the work
- Chase subcontractors for prices
- Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value
- Pass quotation costs to Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback
- Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality
Quantity Surveyor (Bangor) Position Requirements
- Flexible with travel and overnight stays on site
- Experience within Quantity Surveying ideally within Main Contracting
- Knowledge of the Student Accommodation build process would be advantageous
- Driven and willing to succeed
- High motivated and excellent work ethic.
Quantity Surveyor (Bangor) Position Remuneration
- Salary DOE
- 25 Days Holiday + BH
- Car allowance
- Inconvenience travel bonus
- Travel costs paid
- Opportunity to progress.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy