Senior Quantity Surveyor - required for our client to join their well-established team near to Sidcup. Our client are specialists within the Civil Engineering industry and provide minor works on Railway owned infrastructure. Works normally involve the upgrades of railway structures including bridges, tunnels, viaducts and earthworks.
This individual is required for commercial management of Reactive and Planned Maintenance contracts within the Rail industry. It is expected that the successful candidate will provide excellent assistance throughout the reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance works projects. Project values will range around the quarter of a million-pound working on some long-term frameworks.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Provide commercial management on Projects and deliver tender margin-plus with effective cost and value management
- Responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on multiple project
- Assist Estimating and Operations with developing bid submissions
- Forecasting and cost/value reporting
- Supplier/Sub-contract identification and tendering
- Procurement of resources to meet programme and ideally tender.
- Supply chain management and payment to ensure programme is maintained and buying opportunities are maximised.
- Manage, develop and mentor junior members of the team
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Higher level (HNC or Degree) qualification in Quantity Surveying, ideally Chartered.
- At least 5-10 years commercial experience with involvement in infrastructure projects in the construction industry, ideally in Rail.
- Have functional/technical skills associated with the field of Quantity Surveying.
- A team player, operating cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Experienced in leading and developing a diverse team including managing performance and skills development
- Holds a full UK driving licence
Senior Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary up to £65K
- 5% Pension contribution 4% employee
- Discretionary Bonus
- Car allowance
- Fuel card
- Holidays - 28 days which includes Bank Holidays rising to 33
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.