Logistics coordinator required to work for a well-established provider of freight solutions. Due to the on-going success and growth of the company my client is looking for a self-motivated freight coordinator to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a proven background within freight/logistics coordinating and live within a commutable distance of Borehamwood.
Freight / Logistics Coordinator Position Overview
- Checking and filing of all shipping and import documentation
- Ensuring stock/shipping and purchase order records are maintained up to date.
- Ensuring shipping documents are sent to clearing agents in a timely manner and issuing instructions for clearance and delivery from port to container destination.
- Liaising with purchasing teams, and suppliers in relation to the administration and processing of purchase orders.
- Booking in shipping containers at delivery points, and monitoring clearances and deliveries.
- Monitoring and maintaining container/vessel arrival information
- Ensuring warehouse stock reports are regularly reconciled against company systems and carrying out physical stock checks.
- Inputting of purchase orders and stock data onto computer system.
- Month end reconciliations of stock data
- Liaising with internal teams
- Provide exceptional customer service through developing good working relationships with required functional groups.
- Other related tasks as required
Freight / Logistics Coordinator Position Requirements
- Experience of freight forwarding environment
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Customer focus
- Problem solving/Analytical
- Good team player
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
- Working with overseas agents/third parties
Freight / Logistics Coordinator Position Remuneration
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Monday - Friday 8:30 - 17:00
- 30 days' holiday including bank
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.