Bennett and Game are currently working with a leading International Logistics & Supply-Chain Specialist currently seeking an experienced Transport Coordinator to join their team in the Daventry area.
Our client are leaders in EU & International logistics with all modes of transport available. They offer efficient and tailor-made integrated logistics solutions, by having a widespread network of modern logistic bases, a dedicated Project Team and a team of competent and passionate employees.
They are leaders in modernizing logistics and supply-chain solutions and require an experienced Warehouse Manager to manage complete In-bound & Out-bound Logistics Operations.
Transport Coordinator Position Overview
Our client are looking for a forward thinking Transport Coordinator to join their operation, covering a Monday - Friday 06:00 - 15:00 shift.
The main purpose of the role is to release drivers in the morning and manage the data entry side of the transport office ready to pass over to the evening shift planners. You will assist in routing vehicles and managing drivers and your role will include the following responsibilities daily -
- Effective management and planning of drivers.
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource (vehicles, drivers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and Drivers' Hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost.
- Ensure that the tracking systems is kept organised and updated.
- Manage workload and monitor driver efficiency
- Constantly communicate with Customer Service teams, Warehouse and Drivers to ensure customer KPI's and targets are achieved and maintained
- Receiving freight and completing the System work to produce Freight labels for the warehouse.
Transport Coordinator Position Requirements
- Be able to work on your own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues.
- Must be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular.
- Geographic knowledge is essential
- Knowledge of the Different Vehicle sizes and their carrying capacity - highly desirable
- Knowledge of the number of pallets per vehicle type in both standard and Euro is also basic
- Previous experience working on the following vehicles sizes is highly desirable - 26T, 18T, 7.5T & 3.5T.
Transport Coordinator Position Remuneration
- Monday - Friday 6:00 - 15:00
- Salary DOE - £20-25k
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Parking on-site
- Excellent career progression
- Excellent job security
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.