Our client, a consultancy of Chartered Building Surveyors that specialize in fire, flood and the escape of water reinstatement, now require a Senior / Chartered Building Surveyor to join their growing team in their office in Preston. Our client have been providing a full range of surveying services and advice for commercial and residential clients for almost half a century. They specialize in insurance reinstatement and deal with the re-building or refurbishment of properties that have been severely damaged by escape of water, impact, fire, flood etc.
The successful Senior / Chartered Building Surveyor will be responsible for the complete project. They will be providing advice starting from the initial safety of the project, to the strip out / demolition through to specification, tender and project management through to the completion and handover.
Chartered Building Surveyor Position Overview
- Undertake a range of surveying services including, but not limited to:
- Contract Administration
- Feasibility studies
- Attend meetings with loss adjusters, assessors and clients
- Inspect property and draft schedules of works, specifications or reports
- Instruct on management regulations and construction design
- Report on the weekly / monthly progress to all parties involved
- Prepare insurance claims and assessments
- Organise documents for tender
- Advise of the appointment of contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Other duties to be discussed as required
Chartered Building Surveyor Position Requirements
- MRICS status desirable
- RICS accredited degree in Building Surveying
- Previous experience in a similar role essential
- Full UK Driving License and able to travel within the UK when required
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good IT skills, including strong understanding of CAD
- Able to build lasting professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to confidentially deliver in a demanding work environment
Chartered Building Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Car allowance
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Laptop, mobile phone and equipment provided
- Flexible working available
- Pension contributions
- Other benefits to be discussed as required
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.