Branch Manager / Branch Supervisor required for a specialist building supplies / plumbing & heating merchants based close to the Chigwell / Buckhurst Hill area. They currently require the Branch Manager / Branch Supervisor to be based within a commutable distance of the branch and have worked as a Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager for a Building Merchants.
The Branch Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the branch, including profit and loss / budget management, management of the trade counter, responsible for all branch staff, ensuring the branch is hitting monthly and yearly sales targets and dealing with tradesman on a daily basis. Our client is looking for a Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager who has worked within a merchant.
Branch Manager / Branch Supervisor Position Overview
- Responsible for the generation of sales turnover and profitability
- Responsible for prospecting & winning new business by increasing the customer base and developing new market opportunities.
- External Customer & Site visits.
- Responsible for leading the sales team through front line sales generation
- Responsible opening & closing the branch, providing cover during the course of the set operating hours, including key holding and Alarm monitoring call-outs & site security.
- Responsible for the shop layout, point of sale, displays and marketing plans
- Responsible for reporting & recording Daily PPI's & Bi-annual Stock Takes
- Effective running of the transport fleet, deliveries and collections.
- Responsible for formulating and implementing effective and accurate monitoring systems to ensure maximum efficiency, profitability and that company standards are maintained.
- Create and maintain a productive working relationship with all staff and managers across the group ensuring effective and courteous communication from yourself and your team.
- Responsible for presenting a consistently clean, tidy, welcoming and professional branch.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of market trends, customer needs and expectations.
- Schedule training and development activities for the branch team
- Provide periodical feedback and information on all aspects of your own and the branch
- Responsible for defining team requirements, recruitment, selection & staff retention in conjunction with the Group HR Manager.
Branch Manager / Branch Supervisor Position Requirements
- Experience working at a Building Merchants or Plumbing and Heating Merchants
- Previously worked as a Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager
- Based within a commutable distance of Chigwell / Buckhurst Hill
- Strong man-management experience
- Commercial aware
Branch Manager / Branch Supervisor Position Remuneration
- Salary £30,000 - £36,000 Negotiable
- 40 hour working week
- Full Package to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.