Site Manager required to work for an award-winning, modern, complex steel structures company based in Yorkshire. This client has been successfully expanding and now require a Site Manager to join their friendly team to work on complex steel structures for sectors in retail, sports & leisure, museums & exhibitions, commercial, education, transport and health. The specialist sub-contractor covers the design, manufacture and installation working closely with main contractors, local authorities and private clients.
The most suitable Site Manager will have previous experience working within architectural / structural steelwork. The Site Manager will hold a HNC/HND or similar within the construction industry. This is a great opportunity for a Site Manager to join a growing company who work on tremendous Sites.
Site Manager Position Overview
- Working with Project Managers and other company staff to prepare site project related documentation.
- Visiting, managing and monitoring the company's on-site activities throughout installation stages of a project/projects.
- Familiarise themselves with the scope of works, project specifications and industry standards.
- Report work progress against programme and budget matters internally.
- Collaborate with principal contractors, engineers, and other construction specialists.
- Monitor and manage subcontractor activities on site, providing supervision where required.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems.
- Comply with current Health & Safety legislation and requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Ensure that all site works are undertaken in accordance with the company's Quality procedures.
Site Manager Position Requirements
- Previous Site Management experience
- Understand the health and safety policies
- Construction qualification (HND or equivalent)
- Specialist sub-contracting experience
- IT Literate
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of budget control and commercial matters.
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Technical knowledge relevant to the project, previous experience within the architectural/structural steelwork sector is a must.
Site Manager Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Vehicle / Vehicle allowance allowance
- Pension, annual leave
- Additional benefits to be discussed
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.