- Transport Manager
- England, East Sussex, Brighton
- Full Time
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Job Profile for Transport Manager - JC67244
My client is global company which has grown and adapted with the industry into an independent group that supplies aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. You will be working across the south coast with a haulage fleet of 40 vechicles including tippers, artics, mixers and sweepers and company operates out of depots acrosss the UK.
Part of my clients main workforce incldues a quarry which supplies hardstone and rock armour for many marine projects. My client is a company which prides itself on being independent aggregate producer that offers the widest rang of products possible, catering for any development or construction project.
Transport Manager Position Overview
- Ensure company compliance with all transport policies, legislation and procedures
- Develop the knowledge of the Branch Managers and Dispatchers to ensure the effective management of the operator licence requirements
- Efficiently manage the organisation’s Drivers and Dispatchers
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities to improve the service and efficiency of Transport Operations.
- Act as the final customer escalation point for any issues regarding Driver performance, ensuring that customer relationships are maintained.
- Manage the contract haulier approval process.
- Support the induction and training of new Drivers and Dispatchers.
- Responsible for transport related Health and Safety investigations.
- Ensure that all transport fleet vehicles/trailers are properly maintained and serviced.
- Oversee all day to day duties of drivers and drop-offs.
Transport Manager Position Requirements
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference
- Proven track record in a similar role delivering continuous improvement
- Experience of advising and coaching managers on transport legislation and policies
- Leadership experience with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse data and provide reports
- Excellent organisation skills
- CPC holder
- Experience of multi-site operations would be desirable but not essential
- Strong IT skills on Microsoft packages
- Full clean driving license
- Available to travel UK wide
Transport Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary £35k - £40K
- Other company benefits
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Please quote reference number JC67244_1507299701