- Freight Forwarder
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- Full Time
- £20,000 to £25,000 per annum
Job Profile for Freight Forwarder - JC46173
Freight Forwarder required. My client is a very well-established supplier of global transportation and logistics services. Due to the on-going success and growth of the business my client requires a self-motivated freight forwarder to join a close-nit and dynamic team.
In this role you will join a dynamic and growing team and will be an essential part of the logistics team, you will be responsible for delivering turnkey supply chain solutions. Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers the freight forwarder will be responsible for ensuring all planned activates are completed to a high level of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe.
Freight Forwarder Position Overview
- Respond to quote requests & bookings from customers (internal & external).
- Arrange transport in accordance with current agreement (e.g. Agency agreements/ Sub contractors).
- Produce associated document e.g. collection notes, manifest etc.
- Liaise with shipper, consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- Liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers' business needs & markets.
- Grow existing business opportunities and look for new markets.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Deal with ongoing queries and provide up to date information to the customer in respect to transported goods.
- Raise sales invoice and respond to related queries.
- Communicate with our overseas depots and form a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintain efficient filing and records.
- Ensure accurate completion of paperwork.
Freight Forwarder Position Requirements
- Experience in a freight forwarding environment
- Excellent understanding of freight process
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Customer focus
- Good team player
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
Freight Forwarder Position Remuneration
- Salary £20,000 - £25,000 DOE - Negotiable depending on experience.
- A positive and busy working environment, good colleagues and an informal atmosphere
- Exciting and open workplace with freedom with responsibility
- 25 days’ holiday
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Please quote reference number JC46173_1495200971