- Freight Forwarder
- England, Hampshire, Basingstoke
- Full Time
- £25,000 to £32,000 per annum
Job Profile for Global Freight Planner - JC25473
Global Freight Planner Required.
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity with career progression? You could be working for one of the UK’s market leading global logistics company. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating all of the international freight movements, both import and export, whilst working within a "Control Tower" environment.
In this role the freight forwarder/ freight planner will be an essential part of the logistics team, you will be responsible for delivering turnkey supply chain solutions. Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers the Global Freight Planner will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe.
My client offers excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career.
Global Freight Planners Position Overview
- Management of shipments
- Arranging freight pick up
- Arranging international freight through to destination
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods
- Tracking shipments
- invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings
- Communicate effectively with customers globally
Global Freight Planners Position Requirements
- Experience in a freight forwarding environment
- Excellent understanding of freight process
- Live within a commutable distance of Basingstoke.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Customer focus
- Good team player
- Commercial awareness
- Flexible approach to daily tasks and work load
- Fluency in any additional languages would be advantageous, specifically Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Taiwanese or Korean
Global Freight Planners Position Remuneration
- Salary £26,000 - £32,000 DOE
- 33 Days Holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Pension & Health Care
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Please quote reference number JC25473Z_1501515305