Operations Manager - Freight Forwarding
- Operations Manager - Freight Forwarding
- England, Essex, Rainham
- Full Time
- £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Job Profile for Operations Manager – Freight Forwarding - JC25715
Operations Manager Required. My client is a well-established supplier of global freight forwarding solutions. Due to the on-going success and growth of the business an opportunity for an experienced operations manager has arisen to join the team.
My client is seeking someone extremely motivated and possess good organisational skills with great attention to detail. You will have the ability to lead a team and ensure costs are controlled whilst maximising profit margins. This includes the ability to prioritise and implement and oversea processes.
The envisaged that the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of import and export procedures across all commodities including port health requirements and documentation. A clear understanding of port systems including CNS/Destin8 and the ability to prepare customs documentation for general cargo is prerequisite.
Operations Manager Position Overview
- Manage the day to day operations and lead staff across all sites to promote high standards of service delivery
- To aid Directors with recruitment and retention of staff
- To aid with strengthening overseas agent’s relationships
- Strengthening supplier relationships including hauliers and shipping lines
- To secure most advantageous rates with shipping lines and implement credit terms
- Assisting the directors with continuous improvement of the operations department
- To link operations to the Sales team, make communication between operations and sales be seamless.
- Liaise with the sales team and ensure effective support and communication so that each of the team members is equipped with full and proper information to enable them to achieve the company targets.
- Liaise with the accounts team and ensure effective support and communication so that each of the team members is equipped with full and proper information to enable them to achieve effective company efficiencies as set out in the Standard Operating Procedure.
Operations Manager Position Requirements
- Proven background in a successful freight operations management role
- Knowledge of Import and Export Operations
- Knowledge of Ocean, Air and European Road Freight
- Knowledge of Customs processes
- Ability to deliver department objectives
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Highly numerate
- General Sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent Team developer
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Operations Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Please quote reference number JC12785_1493804094