Trainee Freight Forwarder
- Trainee Freight Forwarder
- England, Bristol
- £20,000 to £25,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday
Job Profile for Trainee Freight Forwarder - BR087932
Trainee Freight Forwarder required to work for a leading logistics and freight forwarding provider. Due to the on–going success and growth of the company they are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Freight Forwarder to join the busy and dynamic operations team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background working within the road freight division and live within a commutable distance of Bristol.
Trainee Freight Forwarder Position Overview
- Planning the most appropriate route for vehicles.
- Arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods and also the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination;
- Negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs;
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements.
- Offering consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim;
- Arranging air transport
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services;
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation
Trainee Freight Forwarder Position Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience within a Transport or Freight Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Teamwork, tact and good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Numeracy and computer literacy.
Trainee Freight Forwarder Position Remuneration
- Salary £20,000 - £25,000 (Negotiable)
- 28 days holiday including bank
Interested in the position? Either reply to this email or call the office on 01243 378833
Join us on Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn - Search Bennett & Game Recruitment.
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Please quote reference number BR087932_1510576465